If you are experiencing difficulties logging into CadetNet through the FirstClass client it may be one of the following issues:
- The User ID and Password are not correct. Please ensure you have the correct User ID/Password to login to CadetNet. The following error message appears when an incorrect UserID or Password is provided:
- To reset your account information please contact your service desk for assistance. The service desk contact information can be located by selecting your region at http://www.cadets.ca/cconet
- The settings are configured incorrectly. Please ensure the address for the server has been specified as cadets.gc.ca
- If the address in the server field does not have cadets.gc.ca please select the "Setup…" button
- Enter cadets.gc.ca into the server field
- Select the "Save" button
- Enter User ID and Password and select the green arrow "Enter" button
You have security software that is preventing you from connecting to CadetNet. This may be the case if an antivirus has been installed. FirstClass connects to CadetNet using Port 510, this must be open on your computer.
- Edit the properties of the antivirus that is currently active on your computer and ensure the "Fcc.exe" or "FirstClass" application has no limitations.